Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tangerine Tango Crush

So Tangerine Tango has been decreed the color of the year by the Pantone Institute. "Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it," Pantone executive director Leatrice Eiseman said in a statement announcing the decision.

Well, the jury has decided and the gavel has been struck.

I have to admit that it does make me happy. It is uplifting and fun yet sophisticated. I don't know if I have been intrigued by a color more than this one. I usually favor black. So it's a huge leap. 

Eiseman described the color more fully,  "Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy." 

Well, say no more! One look at that color and I see myself shimmering and sun-kissed, sipping a Mai Tai cocktail in a bikini, as the sun goes down over the Caribbean sea.  No wonder this color is being swallowed by designers all over the world. More please.

Take a look and see if this gets you feeling like Spring is right around the corner.

Tangerine Draped Dress

exitPageRedirect.jpg
D Frame Sunglasses


unknown.jpg
3/4 Sleeve Dress

6a011570651a29970c012876ab296a970c-pi.jpg
Leica M7





spacer.gifLooking for more of your tangerine crush?






  • I love the mix of nautical style with global influences in this bedding.

See you on the sunny side!

No comments:

Post a Comment