Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Romance

I am a romantic. No other time during the year offers up as many romantic opportunities as the holiday season.  I hear Bing Crosby croon The Christmas Waltz on the radio. I love the line,  "It's the time of year, when the world falls in love."

Sends shivers down my back. I just want to grab someone and kiss 'em. But I don't for fear that I may get labeled a lunatic. For my own safety, I choose to get a Soy Chai Latte from Starbucks which kind of gives me the same joyous feeling.

I do look forward to the moments during the holiday season when everything just seems to line up so perfectly. Moments you couldn't create unless you really tried.

You find yourself in a the midst of a snowfall with your loved one.
You happen upon a cute, little cafe in a town you have never been.
Watching your child and dog playing as if they were the only ones in the world.
You lock eyes with someone and share an acknowledgement that doesn't need words.
When you put the first footprint in new fallen snow.
Feeling exhaustedly alive and beautiful after a snowball fight. 

It seems the most memorable moments (phew, lot of m's!) just creep up on you when you least expect them. The possibilities seem to unfold this time of year or are they always there?


Happy Holidays!




 


via Tumblr
tumblr_ldr3zr4gjD1qa6m8ho1_500.jpg
via Tumblr 






Enjoy your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment