Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Harvest & Feast


This year I will be a guest for Thanksgiving which means there needs to be a certain amount of formality to my outfit. I will not be showing up in my best pair of spandex leggings. So I got to thinking about what my family will don that will be appropriate, festive and maybe a little bit comfortable. Though nothing will beat the comfort of those leggings.

The truth is that I like dressing up. I love the primping and prepping for a party.  I think that much of that has been lost in these modern times. I blame the departure of dressing up on a few things: casual Fridays, the dot com boom and Juicy Couture velour tracksuits. These three occasions marked the beginning of the end of dressing as we knew it. Suddenly, wearing tracksuits became chic. Flip flops in the office was cool. Jeans in the boardroom? Why not? 

imgres.jpg

This led to a lazy mentality when it comes to dressing. No one likes to dress up anymore. I don't think that you need to wear a ball gown to do your grocery shopping.  (But that would be so much fun!) However, I do believe that what you wear changes how you stand, sit and present yourself. I mean do you think you would sit on a pumpkin like this in a pair of overalls?

So maybe this Thanksgiving put a hold on those spandex leggings at least until after dinner! Try a few of these options. 

Adorable mommy and me lace dresses! 

Delia's

Gap Girl's Dress
 Try matching father and son silk ties in festive copper plaid. They are adorable and will look fantastic for family photos. Add leather booties for both of the men in your life with matching socks.

Apple and Ivy
via modernhepburn.tumblr.com


Enjoy your feast and family! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment