Wednesday, September 7, 2011

End of Summer

The summer mood has left as quick as I could whip off my flip flops. The cool weather moved it as if to solidify the coming Fall season. My basil plants are packing it in too. Their once lush, green leaves are now shriveling up. And you know that Summer is truly over when you see the Halloween decorations debut in the stores. (No wait, that means it must be July. Urgh!!!)

But to really give Summer that extra shove, my favorite summer perfume died today. Well, that's a bit dramatic but you must know how much I love this perfume. Technically, it is an eau de toilette. It is THE Summer fragrance that I am not even sure that I want to share with everyone. However, I am distraught and saddened by this loss so I must heal. They say writing is therapeutic and it is cheaper than counselling.

In a mad dash to leave the house, I grabbed the bottle but it slipped and crashed to the ground. Tossing its lovely spray (and glass shards) across my toes, my shoes and my little prince who was crawling around my legs. I have to admit that I wanted to scream something like, "Let them eat cake!" while throwing my head back with evil laughter. It felt equivalent to a rock star smashing their guitar to pieces.

I received this eau de toilette as a gift for my then 6 week old son from one of my oldest and dearest childhood friends. Yes, it was intended as a gift for him. Let me explain.

She is French.

Does that help? Well, it was the only answer I could give my husband when we stared at our little newborn and then looked back at the bottle wondering if people really sprayed their newborn with perfume.

However, the scent overtook me and I fell in love. I promptly put that bottle on my dressing table where it has held the highest rank all summer as my go-to scent until its' untimely demise today. (Sniffle, sniffle) No more delicate and tender citrus scent for me until I get a replacement.



I did a little research and apparently this eau de toilette which is called Ptisenbon is made by Givenchy for Tartine et Chocolat which is a French children's apparel manufacturer. There are two versions of this eau de toilette: Eau de Senteur (for babies and alcohol-free) and Eau de Toilette (for Toddlers).
It is so smartly called, "the first fragrance for a child's life." This makes me smile. Oh, how I love the French!

2 comments:

  1. Viva la France!
    Now, I want to order some of that perfume for myself. Sorry it crashed all around you. Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you have lost your favorite fragrance. Hopefully you can replace it soon! Sorry for your lose.

    ReplyDelete